Mobile Check Deposit on iPhone, iPad and Android
Mobile Check Deposit allows you to deposit checks at Denison State Bank using an iPhone, iPad or Android device. If submitted by 6:00 p.m. CST weekdays, your check will be deposited into your Denison State Bank checking account for that business day. Designed for personal and small business use depositing less than $5,000, you can use your device to deposit checks, one at a time, without actually going to the bank.
Alternate: DSB offers Business Remote Deposit Capture to businesses for desktop scanning of larger volumes of checks.
Mobile Deposit is: FREE * FAST * SAFE * CONVENIENT
Watch a 1-minute video about this new service.
1. You first must be registered for DSBconnect digital banking. If not, go to www.dsbks.com on a browser and click the “New User” link in the login area in the upper right corner and follow all instructions, or you can register by installing our mobile banking app at App Store or Google Play, then click the "Sign Up Now" link at bottom of app home page.
2. Once fully registered, if not done so already, download the DSB mobile banking app on your iPhone or iPad at App Store, or on your Android at Google Play.
3. Type in the bank name “Denison State Bank” and install the mobile banking app.
4. Once downloaded, click the DSB icon on your device and login to the mobile banking app using your DSBconnect digital banking Username and Password.
5 The Mobile Deposit service is accessed at the “Check Deposit” icon/link.
6. The first time you click it, you will have to accept the terms and conditions of the Service Agreement. Your acceptance will be emailed to the bank for approval.
7. Once you receive the email confirmation of approval from the DSB Mobile Deposit Administrator usually within the same business day, you can begin making mobile deposits, one check at a time. Here’s how:
8. Endorse your check on the back by signing your name as normal and writing “For Mobile Deposit” under your signature. Endorsements must be made on the back of the check within 1½ inches from the top edge. - OR - if you check has the CHECK HERE IF MOBILE DEPOSIT, check the checkbox and endorse your name.
9. Login to your DSB mobile banking app and click the “Deposit Checks” icon/link.
10. Select the DSB checking or savings account you want to deposit into and the amount of the check deposit.
11. Follow the prompts to frame the item in your device viewfinder and take a photo of the front and back of the check. Use a contrasting background color and to avoid shadows; a neutral-colored background, such as a manila envelope,works best. The best way to do this is to use the DSB-designed background template we can mail you free of charge upon request, or get one at any DSB location. The endorsed end goes on the left side. Each image must provide all information on the front and back of the original check including, but not limited to, information about the drawer and the paying bank that is preprinted on the original check, MICR information, signature(s), any required identification written on the front of the original check and any endorsements applied to the back of the original check.Be sure to tightly frame your check within your viewfinder,andavoid dark shadows around the edges.See examples of acceptable and non-acceptable images.
12. Confirm all info and submit the deposit when prompted. You can have an email confirmation sent to you.
13. DSB will email you a receipt confirmation that looks like this:
Your submitted Mobile Deposit #6608554 has been accepted at Denison State Bank. The deposit will post to the daily ending balance of your bank account by the end of the business day it was submitted. You do not need to take any further action. If you have any questions about this service, contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-633-2423.
DSBOnline/Mobile Deposit Administrator
Denison State Bank
14. Repeat these steps 8-12 for each check you have. If you are a business and frequently have more than 10 checks daily to scan and send, consider using Business Remote Deposit Capture instead.
15. The bank will process each deposit by 6:00 p.m. CST weekdays, Monday-Friday. If submitted after 6:00 p.m. weekdays, the deposit will be processed by the end of the next business day. The bank will process the deposit by clearing the item as an image.
After you receive confirmation that the bank received your Mobile Deposit, you should securely store the original check for7 calendar days after transmission. After 7 days, destroy the original check by marking it “VOID” and destroying it by cross-cut shredding. After destruction of an original check, the image will be the sole evidence of the original check.
You agree that you will never re-present the original check.When you receive confirmation that we have processed your Mobile Deposit, please clearly mark the item "Electronically Presented" or “VOID” to ensure it is not re-presented for payment. Accidental or intentional re-presentment of a Mobile Deposit item can cause Mobile Deposits to be turned off on your DSB Online and/or your checking account to be closed. You understand that you are responsible if anyone is asked to make a payment based on an original check that has already been paid.
Mobile Deposits confirmed as received before close of business on a business day will be credited to your account for business ending that day, or within 24 hours of receipt. Deposits confirmed received after close of business, and deposits confirmed received on holidays or days that are not business days will be credited to your account by the end of the following business day.
You can scan and deposit only checks, and you can deposit only into your DSB checking or savings accounts. Do not use a deposit ticket with this. Do not use Mobile Deposit to deposit:
•Checks payable to any person or entity other than you (i.e., payable to another party and then endorsed to you).
•Checks payable to you and another party who is not a joint owner on the account.
•Checks that contain evidence of alteration, or that you know or suspect are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
It is possible that you successfully capture the item image on your device and submit it, but Denison State Bank does have the right to reject it based on image quality, as does the payer's bank (who the check is drawn on.) Images rejected can be returned back to your DSB account.
•$5,000 limit per deposit and $5,000 limit per business day.
•$50,000 limit permitted for a 30-day period.
•If you have frequent deposits greater than $5,000, request for the bank to increase the limit.
•If you are a business and frequently have more than 10 checks daily to scan and send, consider using desktop Business Remote Deposit Capture instead.
Checks ordered through DSB's check vendor company, Harland Clarke, have Photo Safe Deposit features. Those are:
Photo Safe Deposit Icon: Instead of a padlock on your checks, you’ll see a photo icon that tells you your mobile deposits are secure.
ImageMatch: Account and bank information is printed on both sides so we can verify they belong to the same check. This prevents someone from using your endorsement signature on multiple checks.
MobileMark: We’ve included a handy checkbox to help you manage your mobile deposits and avoid depositing the same check twice. To use, you should endorse your name and check the box -- do not need to write "For Mobile Deposit Only" if you check the box.Email us and let us know what happened. We’ll get it fixed.
Note: Should Mobile Deposit not work at any time, it is still the responsibility of the account holder to make the necessary deposits/credits to the account through other means to pay for debit items presented against a checking account balance.